Fashions of Print on Fabrics
Cell Phone: +8801511779988
Most of the garments we wear are decorated with attractive prints. Printing is done to make garments attractive & fashionable. Printing is a technique of reproducing text, images, design, pattern or motif using a master form. Textile Printing is the process of applying colored patterns & designs to decorate surface of fabric.
Following steps are needed to complete process of Textile Printing:
- Pretreatment of fabric for printing.
- Printing paste making by using printing ingredients.
- Making print impression on fabric using printing techniques.
- Curing or drying of fabric / print.
- After process treatment or neutralization (soaping, washing if required).
Following four styles are being used for Textile Printing till now:
1) Direct Printing Style: It is the most common textile printing style. Print paste is transferred directly on fabric to produce a pattern. Dyestuffs, thickeners, amount of water are dissolved to prepare printing paste. Wood block, copper roller & screens are examples for Direct Printing.
|Direct Screen Printing|
|Tie Dye Bath|
|Tie Dyed Cloth|
Below printing methods are commonly used nowadays:
1. Block Printing: Wooden block is used to print cloth by hand pressing.
|Wooden Block Print|
|Heat Printing Machine|
We need consider three key factors during Heat Printing.
- Time ( Within 13 seconds in common)
- Temperature (Commonly 190ºC)
- Pressure (at least 60 pounds / lbs)
- Fabric Preparation Agents
- Table Adhesive
- Other Auxiliaries & ingredients according to types of print.
Popular Fashions of print on fabric:
1. Pigment Print: Pigments are mainly synthetic organic fiber. Pigments are found in particle state & particle size range starts from 0.1 to 3 microns. Pigment has less affinity to fabric, so thickening agents or binder which is also known as fixing is required during printing.
- Copper powder is used for copper colored print
- Bronze powder is used for gold colored print
- Aluminum powder is used for silver colored print
|High Density Print|
- Major Formula on Garments for Beginners
- Popular Garment Wash in Apparel Trade
- Basic Tests of Textile Fabric