Balloon Breaker in Winding
Dept. of Textile Technology
Sarvajanik College of Engineering & Technology, Surat, India
Cell: +91 9662020909
Balloon Breaker in Winding
- This balloon breaker for a high speed winder is mounted in the pocket of the active bobbin and comprises a U-shaped stamping with parallel legs disposed horizontally and formed with upper and lower alined eyes which are open to respectively receive the running thread and the upper end of the supply.
- The weft thread storage device contains a winding drum arranged eccentrically to a stationary axis. The winding drum is provided with a plurality of thread support rods on the side thereof which is opposite to the eccentric portion thereof. The thread support rods rotate conjointly with the winding.
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED:
To reduce the yarn-taking resistance of a balloon breaker to facilitate a yarn-taking work. SOLUTION: The balloon breaker disposed between a yarn winder and a yarn guide disposed apart from the yarn winder is characterized in that the balloon breaker .
Fabric structure and a manufacturing method thereof are characterized by weaving normal doubled weft and normal doubled warp to increase tensile strength and tearing strength, having light weight per a unit area as compared with fabric arranged vertically and repeatedly to make weight.
Effect of Balloon Breaker
- Increase in balloon height causes increase in yarn tension
- Reduction in balloon count causes increase in yarn tension
- Highest possible tensions is seen with single balloon formations
- With the same balloon count an increase in unwinding speed causes increase in yarn tension
- Unwinding direction influences the balloon tension
- The traveller has to balance the yarn balloon.Because the balloon varies from bottom to topon large scale, is the traveller on the bottom rather too light, on the top too heavy. Choosing the correct traveller weight is always a compromise.
- Measuring the yarn tension on ring spinning frame is not practicable. The best method is to judge the balloon shape. This can be done by a stroboscope but also with a flash light.
- Insert travellers of two to three consecutive Nos.(weights) after doffing on a few spindles and observe the balloon.
|Fig-1: Cop base with full cop diameter|
- Tip of tube
- When using anti-ballooning rings, lower part of balloon should be slightly bigger in diameter than upper part
4. When shape of balloon is stable, traveller weight is correct
5. Check balloon at full cop (Fig 2):
Fig 2: Full cop
- Balloon should not be too straight
Requirements for optimum results with Bracker rings and travellers
- The spinning geometry of the spinning machines should be adapted to the yarns produced.By modifying these parameters, the following values should be considered.
- Important is the centring of the spinning rings, anti-ballooning rings and thread guides towards the spindle.
- This guarantees (together with perfect ring raceway and correct selected travellers) best yarn quality.
- Distance top of the tube/thread guide = 1.5 to 2x tube ф (ring rail position at starting position)
- Anti-ballooning ring ф = ring(ф)+2mm
- Distance ring rail/Anti ballooning ring (ring rail position in starting position) = 2/3 of the distance ring rail/thread guide
- Spinning ring ф : max 1/5 of the tube length (exception Core Yarns) see chart below
- Horizontal, firm fixation of the rings in the ring rail.
- Correct setting of the traveller cleaner
Designation of the ring traveller parts C-shaped travellers
- Inner traveller width
- Height of bow
- Yarn passage
- Wire section
- Traveller – ring contact surface
- Angle of toe
- Upper part of traveller bow
- The traveller has, among other duties, the function to regulate the spinning tension. This spinning tension must be high enough to keep the thread balloon stable and, on the other hand, not too high in order to avoid yarn breaks due to Tension
- The ring/traveller system in the short staple spinning operates (dry). At high speeds normal friction systems only work with additional lubricants.
- The ring/traveller system does only function thanks to this so-called fibre lubrication. As a result, the fibres protruding from the yarn body between ring and traveller are crushed and form a steady regenerating lubrication film.
- Depending on the fibre (dry or strong wax-containing cotton or softening agents on synthetics) the resulting coefficient of friction varies.
- The coefficient of friction μ of the fibre lubricationcan vary in extreme cases from 0.08 to 0.12. This is the reason, why in some cases for identical spinning conditions different traveller weights must be applied.
The traveller has, among other functions, the important task to level out the different balloon forces. The following parameters are decisive:
|Motions of the ring traveller|
- Ring rail stroke over build-up of cop (influence of tube length)
- Ring rail stroke during one traverse (small-/large cop diameter) determines the traveller pulling angle α
- Variations of speeds over cops build-up
- Disturbing elements and influences (fly, turbulence,etc.)
- Coefficient of friction ring/traveller (fibre lubrication)
- Tilting motion K
- Pitching motion N
- Radial motion R
Traveller at a glance...
- The traveller is the levelling element in the spinning process.
- The right adjustment resp. choice of traveller under consideration of all mentioned parameters are decisive for the performance and the yarn quality.
- Traveller position and balloon shape on the top of the taper during spinning/winding
LINE Diagram Of Balloon-Breaker
Perfect Following performance of PC bal-con
- PC bal-con continuousiy moves along the bobbin creating a ballooning in order to maintain a uniform winding tension from start to end of the winding process.
- Combination of PC sensor and PC tensor further enhances theability and boosts high speed winding percise & controlled movenent of Pc bal-con by the motor driven slide screw ensures its accuracy.
- High speed Winding
- High productivity
- Sloughing Suppression
- Hairiness readucation
- Readucation fiy waste generation
- Readuced nep generation