Concept of Weaving and Passing of Yarns Through Khaddi
School Of Textile and Design (STD)
University of Management & Technology, Lahore, Pakistan.
Cell : 0346-3331968
i. Khaddi is a hand (home) spun and hand (home) woven cloth. It could be cotton, silk or wool. These fabrics are made entirely of biodegradable materials, without using finite energy (machinery) and resources, so their impact on the environment is greatly reduced. Unlike other industrially manufactured woven and knitted textiles, these fabrics are spun and woven by hand. Being hand crafted greatly reduces energy consumption, and furthermore has far reaching economic and social benefits to the artisans who produce the fabrics, living in remote villages.
Ladies suit, Shirts, Bags, Bed Sheets, Dhoties, Jackets, Kurta Pajamas, Ladies and Gents Kurta, Gown, and Pillow Cover.
iii. Shedding is the space produced by dividing the warp sheet into two parts is called shed. We divide the yarn sheet by frames by up and down motion, they are set in such a way that one goes up and one frames goes down. Due to this yarn sheet splits up and the space we see is shed.
iv. Picking it is insertion of wept yarn in shed area is called picking. It is done by shuttle it passes from the shed area. Pirn is putted in shuttle and is set to the picker and it goes by applying force to handle which is connected with it.
v. Beat Up is the displacement of pick yarn from shed area to the feel of cloth by either rolling or pushing up is beating up. The instrument which is used in beating up is reed which beats up the yarn when it is picked up from the shuttle and then reed is used to beat up and make fabric.
Working of Machine:
In its working of yarn passage through Khaddi is as under:
- We add yarn in machine and pass it from the two frames which are set in a way that one is up and second is down.
- The yarn is passed from eyes wire and then from the reed and then to the fabric roll.
- There is a paddle which is under the frame and at the top of the frame you see ropes going up and due to fulcrum one frame go up and second down.
- You paddle up and sown the frames will move and split up the yarns which are on the sheet. This is will create shed area.
- When the shed area is created the shuttle which passes from it and insertion of wept yarns in the shed area is picking. This is done when you apply specific force to the shuttle.
- We see at the picker where shuttle is set there are ropes going up to the handle because of this handle you apply force and shuttle moves and goes to the other end.
- After this process there is reed, after the yarn has been inserted you beat up the sheet and this process is called beating up and instrument used is reed. This is done by mechanically.
- At then you take up the fabric and it is rolled.
By this process of yarn passage from khaddi is achieved by insertion of wept yarns through shuttle in the shed area and beating up by reed.