Flat Bed Knitting Machine is the most common knitting machine for hobbiests and boutique producers. It have horizontal needle beds. In previous article, we have discussed about features of flat bed knitting machine and parts of flat bed knitting machine. Now we highlighted main parts of flat bed m/c and their identification and function.
|Flat bed knitting machine|
|Photo: Schematic Diagram of Tension Equipment.|
- Knot catcher adjust dial (1) -Dial for adjusting the knot catcher to the larger knots.
- Knot catcher adjust dial (2) - Dial for adjusting the knot catcher to the smaller knots.
- Knot catcher (a) - Detect for knot and stop the carriage.
- Knot catcher (b) - Detect for knot. Carriage moves in low speed from the course to the line set in the screen. When a small knot is detected.
- Tension disk – Adjusts tension of the yarn.
- Yarn guide plate – Guides the yarn to the knot catcher rightly.
- Tension – Detect breakage of the yarn.
Photo: Schematic Diagram of Carriage.
- Carriage – Control the needles.
- Needle selection sensor – The needle selection gauge and needle selection sensor installed on the carriage can detect the advancing direction of carriage, as well as count the needles.
- Carrier control box – Carrier catch pins come out from the carrier control box and carriage bring the carrier.
- Dust cleaner – Suck the dust at the gap. Set the interval of suction and pause in controller screen to repeat exhaust, pause, and suction in sequence during knitting.
- Fabrics swell direction – Detect the swelling of at the needle beds gap.
- Brush – Open the needle latch. Also prevents the latch from and closing.
- Stitch presser – Presses Fabrics into the needle beds gap.
|Photo: Schematic Diagram of Needle Bed Part.|
- Needle bed – Needles, jack, select jack and selector are arranged on this needle bed.
- Carriage rail – Rail for the carriage.
- Needle selection gauge.
- Clear brush.
Photo: Schematic Diagram of Racking Device.
- Ball screw unit – converts the revolution of the racking motor to lateral motion to the needle bed.
- Main motor – control the carriage.
- Racking motor – used to rack the needle bed.
- Oil pump – Supplies oil to brush holder and racking slide plate.
|Photo: Schematic Diagram of Side Tension Equipment.|
- Side tension – Absorbs the slack of the yarn when the carriage reverses.
- Side tension dial – Adjusts side tension.
|Photo: Schematic Diagram of Carriage Control Equipment.|
- Carrier – Carries the yarns.
- Carrier stopper – Stop the carriers at both ends of the carrier rails.
- Carrier rail – Rails for the carriers.
- Yarn feeder – Feeds yarn to the needle beds gap.
|Photo: Schematic Diagram of fabric Take down Roller.|
- Main roller – Takes the fabrics down.
- Sub roller – Press the roll fabric between the main roller and take it down.
- Yarn guide pin – Used to prevent yarn from twining around the main roller.
- Lock lever – By actuating this lever, the sub roller is pressed and comes into contact with the main roller. Pull the lever toward you to release the roller from the main roller. Press the lever downward to engage the sub roller.