Experiment Name: Study on ring doubling frame
- Spindle speed, front roller delivery.
- Twist, twist Constant.
- To combine two or more single threads into one.
- To insert sufficient amount of twist for holding the yarns.
- To increase strength, smoothness and luster.
- To reduce hairiness.
- To make sewing thread.
- To wind a suitable bobbin.
- Creel stand and creel.
- Front roller.
- Yarn guide.
- Ring and ring rail
- Tin cylinder.
- Thread weight or slip roller.
- Lappet Spindle.
- Motor rpm = 1430
- Motor pulley diameter = 6.25²
- Machine pulley diameter = 10.25²
- Tin cylinder diameter = 10²
- Wharve diameter = 1.37²
- Cylinder carrier wheel = 24T
- TCP carrier wheel = 62T
- TCP = 63T
- Front roller diameter = 2’’
Gearing diagram of doubling frame:
|Figure: gearing diagram of doubling frame. |
- Spindle speed = 6461.59 rpm
- Twist constant = 1235.25
- Front roller delivery = 319.143 inch/min.
- Existing TPI = 20
- Production = 14.37 lb/shift/frame.
- Required TPI = 16.266
- Required TCP =76.25T
By this experiment we come to know about various parts and working principle of ring doubling frame. This machine is important for producing double yarn on sewing thread.