|Fig. Cross-section of knitting head of a single jersey machine|
Shows a cross section of the knitting head all of whose stationary parts are shaded.
- Yarn feeder guide, which is associated with its own set of knitting cams.
- Latch needle.
- Holding-down sinker – one between every needle space.
- Needle cylinder (in this example, revolving clockwise).
- Cylinder driving wheel.
- Cylinder driving gear.
- Sinker-operating cams, which form a raised track operating in the recess of the sinker.
- Sinker cam-cap.
- Sinker trick ring, which is simply and directly attached to the outside top of the needle cylinder thus causing the sinkers to revolve in unison with the needles.
- Needle-retaining spring.
- Needle-operating cams which, like the sinker cams, are stationary.
- Head plate.
- Cylinder driving pinion attached to the main drive shaft.